Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I bought the HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse kit to use on my m9350f PC.  Being a wireless keyboard, it doesn't have the num.caps/scroll lock lights and the m9350f doesn't come with the pre-install HP On-Screen Cap/Num/Scroll Lock Indicator software that most HP desktops come with.  Does anyone know where/how to get this program?  HP support has not been very helpful.
20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

I'm not sure you if you have 32bit or 64bit, but here is your Software Driver page and in these pages you can find the keyboard software:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3747345&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

"A riot is the language of the unheard." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
HP Recommended
The driver they provide is for the multimedia keyboard which came with the PC.  I downloaded the driver just in case but it does not include the num/caps/scroll lock indicator on the quick launch (lower right) toolbar.  I have two other HP desktops (one with Visat 32 bit & one with XP) that came with the HP On-Screen Cap/Num/Scroll Lock Indicator installed at build.  Still searching...
HP Recommended

Is this what you are looking for?:

HP Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Mouse Applet

sp24934

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended
Not exatly, but close enough.  HP has a similar tool (HP On-Screen Cap/Num/Scroll Lock Indicator) that comes pre-loaded on almost all their PCs, but needless to say not mine (m9350f).  It also does not come with the wireless mouse and keyboard (KR836AA#ABA).  I'll still try to find the one that loads into the quick launch toolbar but this will do great for now.  You spread the word to the folks at HP that package this wireless mouse and keyboard.  you'll make a llot of pissed off people happy.

Thanks very much...
HP Recommended

I installed this back in December and it served its purpose.  I have since purchased and installed Clever Keyboard Indicator which does a better job.  Any ideas on how to remove this applet.  Uninstalling from the control panel doesn't work.

Thanks,

Eric S.

ecseig@optonline.net

HP Recommended

sometimes i see that on the task bar near the clock 

on certain models which i find on logitech keyboard

has that setting when i installed it from the disc provide by 

logitech

i would appreiciate kudos if i have been helpful
or your issues have been anwsered
Thanks and your are Welcome _______ Rick
HP Recommended
Is there a 64 bit Vista version? I have a m8517c and the

HP On-Screen Cap/Num/Scroll Lock Indicator program stopped displaying in task bar. I sent an email to tech support but I have not heard back.

HP Recommended
Did anyone try to reinstall the software from Recovery manager????
HP Recommended

yes, that works here is process:

1.   Type Recovery Manager in Start (Perl).
2.   click next
3.   would you like to perform a program recovery?, Click yes
4.   Click next
6.   Click next
7.   Select Onscreen cap, num, scroll lock indicator from the list.
8.   Click next
9.   Clikc next
10. Reinstall in progress

After performing above steps, I recommend you restart the PC.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.