Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 20 All-In-One b010
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

running very slow... the pointer is generally a spinning circle that I assume means there is a program running somewhere.  When I bring up task manager the memory is generally around 95 to 98% used ...  have installed Windows updates but now get an error message that an installer is messed up (corrupted?).  About the only thing I haven't done is completely restore Windows... don't want to do that because saving info would be a pain.  Thank you!!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there @flyineagle,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that your computer is running slowly and most of the memory is used.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

I recommend that you try out the various methods in these two pages: HP PCs - Resolving slow system performance (Windows 😎,  HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎. There is some overlap between them, but collectively they should make a difference provided there is not an underlying hardware issue. 

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Good evening!  Went through the steps as outlined and restarted it... had a screen with the HP logo and message at the bottom of the screen, "updating and repairing drive C:"  it was going slow and I had to leave so I left it alone.  Came home that evening to a blank/black screen.  Computer was running so I clicked the mouse to "wake it up" - nothing.  Now I turn the computer off and let it sit for a couple of minutes and turn it on.  I can hear it starting up and the power light comes on but that is it.  I've read numerous posts and have tried restarting and pressing F10, nothing.  Read one post that said to press the "suspend" key but I don't see one on this keyboard.  I'm stuck... is it stuck in hibernation or is it toast??

Thank you!

HP Recommended

If there is absolutely nothing displayed at all during startup, follow the steps in this document: HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8). Be sure to use any instructions specific to All-in-One computers for the steps you need to do. In Step 3, use the symptom "The Computer starts, but the monitor is blank or unresponsive".

Let me know if there is any change at all.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello!  Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!  🙂

Unplugged the power cord from the back and pressed the power button for 5 seconds.  No light came on, but plugged it back in and pressed the power button.  It's back on!  It is at the same place it was prior, "Scanning and repairing drive (C:):"  it is now @ 6% complete.  I have to go back to work but will see what has happened when I get back home in about 5 hours.  Hopefully this will take care of it.

Thank you again for the prompt response & help!  I will let you know what happens.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.