Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q113w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q113w (Touch) that is just over 3 months old, about a week ago when right in the middle of something the screen scrambled and then the system restarted.  At first, I thought maybe virus, ran virus scan no luck.. after numerous times of scrambled screen then restart, I decided to reset everything..  After I reset system and started from scratch... the same thing over and over sometimes every 10 min.  sometimes  20 min.  and its never when im in a particular program or doing something in particlar it is just random.  I ran diagnostic testing and that lasted about 3 hours and some minutes and the system did not reset the whole time.  It also said everything had passed.  I used different browers still scrambled screen then immediate restart.  I do not know what to do next.. Please any advise would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BrigitteMiller

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q113w and the screen scrambles and the PC restarts. I read that you have reset the PC to its original factory condition and also run the diagnostic check which passed. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any hardware changes take place or updates happen on the PC?
  • After resetting the PC to its original factory condition, did any updates happen?
  • Are any external devices connected to the PC?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

Also, please check if the below diagnostics have been performed:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to reply. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.