Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion t620a
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

Hi,

My desktop has been having booting errors for quite a while now (funny thing is that I'm only now thinking of posting my problem online instead of looking for a similar one). 

My Pavilion t620a has been having booting issues for quite some time now. Whenever I boot it up, it is all fine and dandy, nothing wrong seems to be happening, ergo, all the usual messages you would see in a normal boot-up can be seen. But when it cuts to the loading screen with the blue dotsgoing across the bar underneath the 'Windows XP Home Edition' logo, it cuts to black. Then, a small message saying 'Monitor going to sleep' flashes quickly on screen before it reboots and the process repeats, until I cut the power in frustration.

The only reason I am not considering getting a new computer is 1) not enough funds and 2) the hard drive (Seagate Barracuda ATA V 60GB, if anyone is interested) contains some very precious memories that I would like to keep onto (and also, unsufficient funds for a hard drive, also). I also DO NOT have a Windows XP start up/boot disk, which is a pain.

Thanks for your time,

Alan

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @amotufoua,

. Good day.:)  A very warm welcome to you. I came across the post regarding boot issues with your PC. I will be delighted to assist you with this.

Superb description, commendable troubleshooting and splendid diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 Thanks for doing business with HP.I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

• Did this happen after a power outage or power surge?
  • It certainly looks like a hardware issue with the computer

For a start please perform these steps.

• Please perform a hard reset from this link and check if the computer fires back up.
  • If it does not please follow all the steps in this article to see if the situation is corrected.
  • Please look up this link for further assistance
  • If this does not work, please contact a local Best Buy or Staples technician to get the PC repaired as service options are not available with HP any longer as it has been retired.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.