cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kristina-757
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Pavillion All In One Desktop PC Hard Disk Short DST - Failed

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 23 Ai0 PC
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi. My computer just went black and started doing the auto test and got stuck in the loop. I was able to get to the manual test and got this information:

Hard Disk Short DST - Failed

Failure ID: U4N3GM-0008HK-PXPB0K-60QC03

Everything else passed. I do not have recovery disks and I have not backed up my files. (I know, shame on me!!) What does this Failure ID mean? Will it be possible for a professional to recover my pictures and videos and whatnot? I am not very knowledgable with computer technology.

Thank you for any assistance!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,624 24,276 2,834 10,362
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kristina-757, welcome to the forum.

The error message that you are receiving is telling you that you hard drive has failed.

If you will furnish the full model of your computer, I will try to help you with some guides.  There are several models in the series of your computer.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation