Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pro 3500 Series MT
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello

I need help reinstalling Windows on a HP Pro 3500 Series MT. The problem is that the desktop doesn't have the Recovery Manager installed and we have no additional discs. I am not sure if the Recovery Manager was deleted by someone or it was maybe never installed.

I heard that, if you have the Product Nr., you can download Windows from the official HP site and install it on the desktop pc.

Can someboy confirm if this is true? If not, is there another way to reinstall Windows?

Best regards

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can download Windows 8.1 from Microsoft and install on your PC, if it is has already been installed you do not need a product key as it will automatically be activated.

Download the media creation tool from here and run:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

1.JPG

Make sure to choose the language an edition you had installed on your PC, as only the same edition will be activated automatically.

2.JPG

On the next page you can choose to create a bootable Usb drive or download the iso and then later create a bootable DVD. For the Usb drive you will need a usb drive of at least 4gb and all information on drive will be deleted.

If you need further help with installation, let me know,

David

Italy

HP Recommended

Thanks, will try that next week. Will reply as soon as possible.

Best regards

HP Recommended

Hello,

so I just need to install the Windows on a Pc which already has a Windows installed? Do I need to format the drive or just install the new Windows? Also, can I later delete the old Windows installation?

Thanks and best regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

When you install Windows you will have the option to format the drive by deleting the partitions and installing windows on the free space (you choose custom install when prompted to do this). This way you will have a total clean install of windows 8.1 on your system. 

Let me know if you need a guide for installation,

David

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.