Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have been unsuccessful in finding a file which has Windows 7 as compatible OS.

Thank You,

Emmet Hassett

HP Recommended

I haven't been able to find a file that has windows 7 as one of the operating systems in the properties menu.

Thank You,

Emmet Hassett

HP Recommended

From the HP software update page for my desktop PC, I was able to install up to version 5.2.9.2 of Support Assistant (sp52594). After that install the desktop icon is shown as an open blue box with a question mark inside.

When the automated HP update to this software happens, it installs version 6.0.5.4 (sp53904). The desktop icon is then shown as a black/blue circle with a question mark in it. Clicking on that icon causes a small rectangular window with a question mark in it to appear for a second or two, but no program starts. If I go to my installed Help and Support page, the same icon is shown on that page under HP Support Assistant and clicking there has the same result.

I uninstalled version 6.0.5.4 and reinstalled version 5.2.9.2, which still works ok, and set my HP maintenance preferences to let me decide which HP updates to install instead of letting HP blindly install anything.

I am so glad I decided to keep copies of the spnnnnn files as they became available, as the update page only shows the latest versions of software and you can't go back to an older working version.

Note: if you do not uninstall the current version of Support Assistant, you get various error messages when trying to overlay it with older versions. These messages can say the software is not compatible or that you already have the latest updates.

HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF :Windows 10 Pro Edition - i5-8500 3.0GHz - 8GB DDR4 2666MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB with RAPID; Intel 630 video; Benq G2220HD 22 inch LCD monitor; HP Deskjet F4480 AIO; Altec-Lansing BXR1121 - 2.1 speakers
HP Recommended

Thanks Demo66!!  Well thought out and documented.  SOLVED!

HP Recommended

the hp support assistant didn't work 
i wanna instaled 

HP Recommended
Hello karokh,

What is not working with the HP Support Assistant? Are you not able to get it installed or is it installed and it's not working?

What have you done to attempt to resolve the issue?

What operating system are you running?

Have you tried the steps outlined in this thread?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
HP Recommended

I have an HP with Windows 7 also 64-Bit and running HP Support Assistant Version 4.1.11.3.  It always gets stuck in "downloading updates" and never ever finishes. I believe it is causing everything to run slowly and had hoped I could uninstall the Support Assistant and re-install a newer version. However upon visiting the HP website I was only able to find the newest version which is only good for Windows 8 users. I have not uninstalled it yet but I am unable to use it now because it keeps wanting to run a Health Analysis and never stops. Can ANYBODY please help?

Thanks,

Mary K.

HP Recommended

hp probook4530s windos 7 home primi

HP Recommended

hp probook4530s windos 7 home primium 64 bits

HP Recommended

Download latest HP Support Assistant here:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/pl...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.