Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP T5740 thin client
Other

Ever since deploying HP Agent 4.7 to some of my thin clients, about 10% of them after the update are reporting the following into HPDM.Key points:

1. Device Serial Number reads 000000000
  2. BIOS Version: Unknown
  3. Asset Tag: No Asset Tag

hpdm-7.PNG

And then, when I try to send an .ibr image out to them via non-PXE deployments, I get the following error message:

2017-05-08 12:55:15	Map repository to: Master Repository
2017-05-08 12:55:15	Successfully sent task to the Device Management Gateway
2017-05-08 12:55:18	Task has been retrieved by the Agent.
2017-05-08 12:55:56	[Error code: 1074176] [Module: Agent] [Category: Unsupported task]
2017-05-08 12:55:56	[Error Details]: Deploy image using repository Master Repository.
Failed to download t5740_2017-5_ff52.ibr from /Repository/Images/t5740_2017-5-ff52.
Failed to execute DeployImage task.
ErrorCode: 1074176, Error Info:  ..\..\Task\wins\ImageTask_XPE.cpp@253:	Wireless network does not support non-cached imaging.
2017-05-08 12:55:56	Failed to execute common task.
2017-05-08 12:55:56	ErrorCode: 1074176

The key thing seems to be

Wireless network does not support non-cached imaging.

However these clients don't have wireless cards in them at all. I am 100% sure I am not sending the task to the client with the "cache" option selected; these machines have very small SSDs in them so I know cache doesn't work. Yet the clients, or the HPDM, thinks that they're sending to a wireless network.

How can I fix this?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Could you please provide

1. Agent Version

2. Bios Version

3. Screenshot of Repository Configuration Dialog?

Also can you please find one of those abnormal units to see the actual SN, BIOS version and Asset Tag?

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Agent: 4.7.3660.26470

BIOS of the affected unit: 786R8 v1.04, which is the same as the majority of my t5740 units which are working

Repo Config:

And yes, I have a unit that I checked the SN, BIOS. There are no asset tags used on our systems; we don't need them. We track things by Serial Number.

HP Recommended

For BIOS & SN issue, could you provide the value of the abnormal unit? I just want to check if there is any special characters/format stops DM Agent from capturing the right value.

For the Imaging deployment issue, could you please get the screenshot after running ipconfig /all on the unit? Please also provide the Device ID of the abnormal unit to troubleshoot.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi,

The BIOS of the abnormal unit is 786R8 v1.04, same as all my other thin clients.

which is reported from inside the thin client's BIOS without a problem. It does not read as zeros or unknown there; only via HPDM.

As for device ID, do you mean the MAC address? it's 18:A9:05:6C:2F:41 - that alphanumeric MAC address is reported just fine into HPDM remotely. It's one of the only things that is, to be honest. Everything else is not reporting.

Here is ipconfig /all on the client:

HP Recommended

I didn't see any abnormal from the configuration you provide. I also can't reproduce the issue with my 2 t5740 units with the same BIOS version.

I suggest  you contact the support team and submit impact case to ask for support from R&D.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

The machine is, of course, out of warranty. So Chen, you can't think of a software fix for this? That was about the only way we were going to try to save it, if it was just a misconfiguration on either the thin client, or in HPDM.

If it's a hardware issue on an 8 year old xp-based thin client, it will be a good reason to ask the department that owns it to replace it outright, heh.

HP Recommended

As you mentioend earlier, only a few of the units are impacted by the issue. With the same configuration, I'm also not able to duplicate the issue in my environment. I really can't think of a software fix before finding out the root cause.

I am an HPI Employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.