Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can shine some light in this.

I have a HP Z820, it comes with 2 onboard ethernet connections. It works quite well for me as I can use one card for the system and one card for Hyper-V.

I recently added a new nas and wanted to add a direct ethernet connection to the server so I pop the lid and added a network card, now it seems as one of the onboard cards has dissapeard. I took the card out again and the onboard card is still not showing up. Ive had a look through the bios and it seems that they are both enabled or not hidded so im scratching my head here and have no clue. I done the latest BIOS update just to see if that would make a diference but nothing.

When the computer boots there are lights on the working card but not the one thats not showing up.

Please help if you can 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,

as first step, I propose to do the clear cmos following the steps :

1- remove the power cable

2- press the power buton for a few second  "reset ATX"

3-  remove the pci cards cover to access directly to the MOBO.

4- on the mobo, locate a yellow button then press on for 15 seconds

5- when you will replug the power cable, the station must restart  directely

z820 cmos.jpg

All The Best

HP Recommended
Thanks, will give that a go this weekend and get back to you
HP Recommended

Hi, tried that, alshough the reset worked, the NIC is still not showing up at all.

HP Recommended

Even if the add NIC is removed ?

Try to reboot the OS in Safe mode, remove all nic card from the device manager then reboot the OS norùmally and check which card will be detected.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.