Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My monitor has been working fine for about a year and just started cycling between the Main Menu and OSD Lockout. Nothing has changed or moved, and the temperature where the computers are is fine (borderline cold). This is a HP 1740 and the menus toggle back and forth approximately evern 20 - 30 seconds.

Also, other than the area that the menu and OSD diaplay cover everything looks just fine.

It does sound like others are having similar issues, so this appears to me to be a design / assembly flaw. Any help would be greatly appreciated, UTD

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Monitors-and-video/HP-w2207h-monitor/td-p/222913

my advice. don't buy hp products in the future, i certainly won't.

HP Recommended

Try a monitor reset. Power off the PC and monitor. Unplug the monitor and hold down the monitor's power button for 30-60 seconds.  Plug the monitor back in and then power up the system.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hold Down the menu button for about 30sec......

HP Recommended

SIMPLE FIX THAT WORKED FOR ME!!! Here is the fix that worked for me after two days of trying EVERYTHING to fix this problem, from holding down buttons, unplugging monitor, taking apart monitor, restarting computer, etc. On the monitor menu button, instead of holding it, I pulled on it. Try pulling on it once or twice. It must have been stuck because it worked!  

HP Recommended

Hi.

Press and hold the "Menu"  button for 30 Seconds.

after that you can unlock the OSD menu and can  use functions of the all buttons.

if you need lock again, Press and hold the "Menu"  button for 30 Seconds.

:Wink:

HP Recommended

this was a huge win, THANK YOU!

I had to pull the bottom panel off of the buttons to take the pressure off, once i did.. it went away!

sometimes we have to just stop and think simple on the solution to resolve it.. not a crazy button combo maneuver that is going to give an amazing fatality, just simple..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.