Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion w2207h
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

A few weeks ago I booted up my PC and my w2207 just remained blank and my second Sceptre monitor began running as my main display. I checked in Device Manager and under desplays the Sceptre was the only one there even though the HP was connected to my PC via HDMI.

I tested the monitor on my brothers computer with HDMI and it worked just fine. So I assumed it was my graphics card so I bought another graphics card to test with (Geforce 210) and when I booted up my PC with the HP plugged into the HDMI port it still didn't do anything. Just a message saying there is no input sigmal. Since the Geforce 210 has a VGA port I was now able to test to see if VGA worked and it does. (I wasn't able to test this on my other card, because it didn't have VGA).

Any idea as to what is wrong?

Just to summerize, the HDMI port doesn't work on my computer, but works fine on my brothers computer.

Thanks,

-Chuck

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

That means the HDMI port on your computer does not work properly. What is your computer and its Operating system ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It's a custom build

CPU: FX-6300

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 R5

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

Video Card: MSI R9 380 4GB

However, when I first noticed the problem I assumed it was because of my graphics card so I bought a new one so my computer is running a EVGA Geforce 210 right now.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Definitely nothing wrong with the monitor because it works on other computer with HDMI port and with your computer with VGA port. The problem could be driver for the video card or the HDMI port on the card itself.

The bottom line is to fix your computer and/or the video card, do not fix the monitor.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I am taking a guess that your first video card had an hdmi port, and when you purchased a new video card, that had its own hdmi port. That seems odd that you have two video cards, neither has a working hdmi port.

Now that you know the w2207 is ok with hdmi from connecting to your brothers computer, perhaps you could have your brother bring his working hdmi monitor over, and connect it to your machine and test each card's hdmi port.

BTW, I have a pair of w2207 monitors, a lot of mileage on them. They've served me very well!

HP Recommended

The HDMI port is now working on the Geforce 210, I didn't have all the drivers installed. So I feel confident that the problem is with my MSI R9 380. So I've put in for in RMA and they are going to try and fix it. 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.