Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have inadvertently deleted all my photos is it possible to get them back?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you checked the Recycle bin (Right click the Rycle bin, click Open). Hope they are still there and you can use Ctrl+A and Restore them. Otherwise you have to use other way, I can't find any free software to help you.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hey, even if you have permanently deleted your photos and those are not in recycle bin still no need to worry as you can stll recover your photos but make sure to stop capturing or saving any more photos untill you retrieve your deleted photos.

Download the free version of below mentioned tested software and install it on your system

http://www.stellarphotorecoverysoftware.com/download.php

After that just follow the instructions and you will get the preview of all recoverable photos.

If you are satisfy with preview of the deleted photos then go for full version of the software and restore your photos.

Hope it will help you.

HP Recommended

Even though the files bypass the Recycle Bin, they are not permanently deleted; only the allocation information of files gets deleted making the files inaccessible. Actually, they are still present on the hard drive until they are overwritten by new data. 

Therefore, while deleting you need to recheck that the file you want to delete is important to you or not. If you don’t want the file to bypass the Recycle Bin then you need to disable the “delete command that bypass recycle bin” option. You need to take backup of essential data because, if you didn’t find your deleted file in Recycle Bin then you can easily restore it back from backup file.

If you don’t have backup then no need to worry because, Windows file recovery software helps you to recover photos from recycle bin on Windows OS until and unless the data has not been overwritten. So, do not save or copy any new files onto the drive from where you have accidentally deleted the files. FAT16 and FAT32 are the different types of file systems supported by this software.You can even download the free trial version of the recovery tool and evaluate the recovery results. 

HP Recommended

This is correct. There are tons of softwares out there that can do this. But it is never a guarrantee. I say 75% you can receover them.

It is best not to save or right anything on the HDD when trying to recover this. 

HP Recommended

I used www.stellarphotorecoverysoftware.com

Suggested by some one in this forum it worked very well for me. Thanks

HP Recommended

Check your recyle bin first. If it is not there, don't worry at all. Even after a data such as your photos get deleted from the recycle bin, the hard drive retains them until and unless you save some other data onto it. this process totally overwrites the previous data, hence do not save anything.

There are many third party utilities out there that can help you restore your pictures from recycle bin in Windows 7, Vista, XP or other versions. One program that I would personally suggest you is Stellar photo recovery that is really good and cost effective as well.

You can refer here for more information and getting the software: http://www.picturerecovery-software.com/picture-recovery-windows7-from-recycle-bin.php

HP Recommended

I accidentally deleted some photos from my HP computer and emptied the reyclce bin, now I want to recover deleted photos, so I was searching for photo recovery solution on google and found this thread. But none of the solution above helped me. I kept trying and got my problem solved. So I guess that I should share my findings here so that more people can benefit.

What I found was the photo recovery guide which tells how to recover deleted files from recycle bin, here's the recycle bin data recovery solution:

Recover files deleted from recycle bin

Hope this helps those who are still looking for the solutions after deleted files from recycle bin.

HP Recommended
please help!!!!
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone

I deleted my photos on windows 8 and tried everything with no luck.  I then found this step by step guide which worked for me!

www.recovermy.co.uk/photos

Hope it helps you

Cathy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.