Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I was trying to change my computers boot logo because i dont like the HP one, and now when i try to enter my bios i get beeping, can anyone tell me how to reset the BIOS/Clear CMOS, this will be much apreciated. The computer still works fine, i just cant enter the BIOS or the UEFI Firmware Settings thing. When pressing F10 at boot up the computer beeps 8 times

My computer is a HP Pavilion 500-111ea

Regards,

Kieran

<I posted this in the wrong selection a few moments ago, i hope this is the right place this time.>

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Can anyone help??

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please explain in detail what changes you made in an attempt to change the boot logo.

HP did not post a clear CMOS procedure for your model PC.  Review the below image.  Unplug your PC, hold down the power button for 1 minute. Now open up your PC and move the jumper blocks over to the left per the image for 30 seconds and then move the jumper blocks back. Plug the PC back in and give it go.  If you still get the eight (8) beeps then you could try a ROM image recovery.

500-300 CMOS jumpers.jpg

Eight (8) beeps in an invalid ROM image.  Review this HP posted article for trying a BIOS recovery.

You might try this HP tools software.  Download the software to a different PC and create the USB 2 bootable tools flash drive. If you can get the flash drive to boot up then look for a firmware management selection.  There is not any documentation available on how to use this function so you are on your own.  HP Support might be able to assist you with a BIOS recovery and/or you might be faced with sending in your PC to an authorized HP repair facility to have the BIOS reflashed.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hello,

I was trying to change the setting where, i could remove the HP logo and have the Windows 8.1 Logo, and i was changing settings and i think i changed fast boot, and now i cant get back into the bios because when i try to by pressing F10 the computer beeps 6 times and some times it beeps 8 times, and then the computer restarts, and nothing comes back up on the screen untill the login page, as if the computer does not know how to display the POST or boot logo anymore. I hope this helps.

I have tried a ROM image recovery, but the computer tries to boot to it and gives the same beeps. 

HP Recommended

Hello again,

Now the computer is only giving me 6 beeps, wich is something to do with the keyboard, ive tryed booting the computer without the keboard in and tryed a diffrent keyboard. be honest have i fu**ed up my computer? but the strange thing is the computer still boots to windows 8.1 and works normally.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Based on your explanations and understandings of what you are experiencing, I am suggesting that you contact HP Support.

HP's support number is 800-474-6836 or 800-HPINVENT or online here.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hello,

I would like to resolve this issue with out having to contact HP support as they will only say it needs sending in to have the bios reflashed, and i need my computer for my College work, So sending it anywhere is no option, i have alot of experience with computers and one reason why i need the computer for college is because i am taking BTEC Level 3 Information Technolagy. Would there be anyway i could reflash it my self?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Flashing it yourself is not recommended based on your previous explanations and understandings about your problems.

HP Recommended

Hello,

What i dont understand is why the computer gave one set of 8 beeps and now its 6 which is to do with the keyboard, but how does fast boot effect this? as that is the only setting i changed

HP Recommended

Hello,

I know its not recommended but i would like to flash the bios myself, is there any instructions for me to follow?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.