Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just bought a P6620f computer and it set up fine. It boots right into Windows. How do you access the bios to check settings and disk boot priority, etc.?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Just keep tapping f10 when starting up.

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

F10 did the trick.  Recently purchased a WD Passport External Hard Drive.  First time I tried to re-boot the system would hang because it thought I wanted to re-boot from the new External Drive (which I got for backup only purposes).  I had to go the the BIOS via F10 and change the sequence of my drives so that the system wouldn't look at cd, floppy etc. before it would look at my Internal Hard Drive.  Hope this helps others and good luck.

HP Recommended

Hey i need some help... im an IT Major in college and we have to set up virtual machines, i need to get into the Processor part of the bios and turn on AMD-v, otherwise known as the virtualization technology from AMD-v... I bought my HP P7-1235 about a week ago and was upset when i kept getting the error message that the host computer does not have this feature active... I dont want to have to return my computer and get something else. Please help me out here

HP Recommended

Turn On Your PC and keep on pressing ESC button after that a screen will appear with options like:-

F10 - Bios

F9 - System Doctor

and else

press F10 there to get into Bios

Still Can't access?

that means action keys are enabled so you will have to press Fn+F10 to get into bios.

Yes that Virtualization techonology most probably you are using Vmware i had the same issue but first make sure your processor supports it.

HP Recommended

Go into bios and turn it on

Get into bios by either  pressing F10 or ESC repeatedly, while on the system boots up then go to System Settings or System information and if you see "Virtualization Technology" then turn it on if you can't find it then it means your processor ie. AMD A-5500 most likely doesn't supports it.

HP Recommended

Dude... don't make stuff up... Go look it up. It DOES support virtualization. We just don't know how to turn it on. Also, this system doesn't have a "traditional" BIOS , it has one of those UEFI fancy pants ones.  F10 gets us to where it looks like we would enable such things.. however, the menus are limited....

This cpu supports Virtualization , case closed- now... how do we enable it?:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113288

HP Recommended

The AMD A8-5500 APU supports virtualization that is...

I have an HP P7 -1235 and I'm trying to enable it.

HP Recommended

Go to BIOS menu, you will find the option under Advanced BIOS Features. Some thing like:
Virtualization Technology or AMD Virtualization Technology or AMD VT/X or something like that.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.