Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello! Please see this link on the HP help forum!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-Software-Recovery/Admin-settings/td-p/3777976...

PS If this is against the forums rules, please notify me with PM and delete this reply.

I do not work for HP, but I would if they asked me to. Anyone can forget their user password. If you are trying to use this in a dishonest way; shame on you.
 I have forgotten my user password once, but I'm old. Write it down next time and remember where you put it. I only offer this solution because a thief knows he can restore back to factory and beat this password issue. 

People here on the HP help forum want to help you every way they can, so be honest with your issues when asking for help. Did you really forget your user password?? Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

I used the method 2 to reset my admin password but, it did not give me a cange password or add password .What am i doing wrong i tried twice.

HP Recommended

I tried both methods. The first method didn't work because it wanted me to log in to the administrators account which is the one that I don't have the password for. The second method talks about a "command" something that I don't know what it is.

HP Recommended

I FORGOT MY ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD !

HP Recommended
When I did step 6, it did not prompt for a password, should I enter one anyhow?
HP Recommended
My internet is not connected yet. How can I reset my desk top password? Did't write it down either. Desk top is HP 19 All In One.
HP Recommended
I forget my administrator password on hp laptop.Now when I start my computer it is asking me to enter Administrator password or power on password.what should I do now?
HP Recommended
Please help me someone. .
HP Recommended

the method you posted does nothing.

HP Recommended

I forgot my administrator password and password is expiring what should i do.  Please help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.