Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question
I FORGOT MY ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD !
Replies (45)

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Teacher
Message 21 of 46 (5,205 Views)

Re: I FORGOT MY ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD !

[ Edited ]

Hello! Please see this link on the HP help forum!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-Software-Recovery/Admin-settings/td-p/3777976...

PS If this is against the forums rules, please notify me with PM and delete this reply.

I do not work for HP, but I would if they asked me to. Anyone can forget their user password. If you are trying to use this in a dishonest way; shame on you.
 I have forgotten my user password once, but I'm old. Write it down next time and remember where you put it. I only offer this solution because a thief knows he can restore back to factory and beat this password issue. 

People here on the HP help forum want to help you every way they can, so be honest with your issues when asking for help. Did you really forget your user password?? Hope this helps!

Student
Message 22 of 46 (5,101 Views)

I used the method 2 to reset my admin password but, it did not give me a cange password or add password .What am i doing wrong i tried twice.

Student
Message 23 of 46 (5,016 Views)

I tried both methods. The first method didn't work because it wanted me to log in to the administrators account which is the one that I don't have the password for. The second method talks about a "command" something that I don't know what it is.

Student
Message 24 of 46 (4,949 Views)

I FORGOT MY ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD !

Student
Message 25 of 46 (4,713 Views)

When I did step 6, it did not prompt for a password, should I enter one anyhow?
Student
Message 26 of 46 (4,571 Views)

My internet is not connected yet. How can I reset my desk top password? Did't write it down either. Desk top is HP 19 All In One.
Honor Student
Message 27 of 46 (4,482 Views)

I forget my administrator password on hp laptop.Now when I start my computer it is asking me to enter Administrator password or power on password.what should I do now?
Honor Student
Message 28 of 46 (4,481 Views)

Please help me someone. .
Student
Message 29 of 46 (4,357 Views)

the method you posted does nothing.

Student
Message 30 of 46 (4,254 Views)

I forgot my administrator password and password is expiring what should i do.  Please help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation