Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 7100 Elite
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I can not install original HP windows 7 prof. DVD's on a new hard disk for HP7100 Elite.

As original hard desk got damaged I replace it with a new one , when trying to install the HP original 3 DVD's of windows 7 proffessional it never finshe installation giving the error message that windows can not verifying istallation, restart insatlling windows. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Which specific brand, model  hard disk did you install?

What is theand storage capacity of the hard disk?

What is the specific error message that you see during installation attempts?

Does the installation disk recognize the hard disk as being present?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Author:

>> it never finish installation,
>> giving the error message that Windows can not verify installation, restart installing windows.

First reply:

> What is the [omitted word] and storage capacity of the hard disk?

Did you intend to write "manufacturer" ?

> What is the specific error message that you see during installation attempts?

See above.

> Does the installation disk recognize the hard disk as being present?

See above.  It fails to "finish" the installation; it is not a failure to "start" the installation.

My reply:

Possibilities:
* the new disk-drive is defective;
* the installation media is defective;
* defective RAM.

Turn the computer off. Turn the computer on, and immediately keep tapping the F2 key until you see the "HP Diagnostics" screen. Run the diagnostics for RAM and for the disk-drive, and hope that it "passes" the testing.

Please report back to us.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.