Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP touch smart pc
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
My PC did a disk cleaning but after that it is now stuck on loading display. What do I do to recover it back.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @Stormy629

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you were performing a disk cleaning task on your computer and now your computer is not booting to the desktop. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

What is the exact error message you are getting on the computer? Can you share a screenshot?

May I know the procedure you followed to perform disk cleaning?

Touchsmart computer is available as All-in-one computer and notebook, so may I know the model of your computer?

Let's start by doing a hard reset. 

Please disconnect any devices connected to your computer. 

If you have any USB or DVD in the computer, please disconnect it.

Perform a power reset on the computer. Click here for assistance. 

Disconnect the adapter, remove the battery (if it can be removed)

Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain the static in the computer. 

Connect the adapter and battery to the computer. 

Turn the computer ON and keep tapping F2 or ESC repeatedly on startup. 

This should get you to a Startup Menu and from there you can select System Diagnostics. 

Please select system diagnostics and run a system test. Click here for assistance. 

If the test fails, please contact our phone support for the service options.

If the test passes. Please exit system diagnostics.

Go back to the Startup menu and select recovery manager. 

In recovery manager, please select troubleshoot and then select advanced options. 

In advanced options, please select automatic repair. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.