Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

dhanning

The driver I listed should not be your original driver. The driver was for a new HP Recline model PC not an Envy Touchsmart like ours. The HP file # is sp63997

You also have a 23-d160 and I have a 23-d060 they are the same mobo and virtually the same pc's, that driver I listed should work. It also worked for my hp tower for win 8.1 as well. And yes all my EQ functions and sliders work and chnge the sound as they should.

Did you extract and run it like I I mentioned before??? Very surprised it does not work

HP Recommended

Okay you're right that it won't install from just the .exe (exactly like several other sp's I've been told to download and install); however, what does "run the driver from within the folder" mean exactly?

Run setup.exe? or what? Since it's not instally automatically, more precise instructions would be helpful, thanks!

HP Recommended

Okay I ran setup.exe (which is not a driver but the package for installing the driver) and that worked AND I now have working EQ in BeatsAudio, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

HP Recommended

The setup (driver sp63997 file) is a zipped file so as long as you have Winzip or Winrar installed you just need to right click on the file and extract it to uncompressed form. Or open to view/explore its contents

then you will see (inside this sp63997 file) the folder named src. open the src folder and then click on the setup.exe folder inside this and it will run for Windows 8.1 with no isuues.

HP Recommended

Sweet man

Rock on Dude !

HP Recommended

Since loading Windows 8.1 on to my HP ENVY dv7, audio playback now does not work because there is no audio driver to be found.  I have downloaded above driver three times to no success.  Trouble shooter can temporarily fix the problem (however, in Sound option, "no driver cannot be found" is still setting, so fix is not permanent) until I shut down computer.  Then, upon startup, no driver can be found by Windows 8.1 and I have to go to trouble shooter again to temporarily fix.   HP Techs are no help.  Tried twice with them.   Any ideas?

HP Recommended

@LBST wrote:

Since loading Windows 8.1 on to my HP ENVY dv7, audio playback now does not work because there is no audio driver to be found.  I have downloaded above driver three times to no success. [...] Any ideas?

You're posting in the All-In-One Desktop forum, you might want to try the Laptop forum instead.

When you find a recommended driver and have downloaded it, try the following:

uninstall the existing driver

reboot your laptop

unzip the spXXXXX.exe file

go into the src folder

double click on the .exe file in that src folder

Hopefully the driver gets installed at that point... (Also, you might want to get off of Windows 8.1 PREVIEW, it's always possible that that's part of the problem...)

If you still have problems, you probably want to post/follow up in the Laptop forum.

HP Recommended

The above URL was unsupportive to Windows 8.1. After downloading Windows 8.1, my computer no longer has sound. How do I fix this or at least how can I uninstall the update!!?

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

driver

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.