Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23-p030na All-in-O
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this update pending for quite some time now. The problem is that when I try to run the update it it ends up in an Intel screen with the options either to remove or repair. I don't think I want to do either, i want to update.

Any advice?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Alan29, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you are unable to update Intel Rapid Technology driver on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

As you mentioned when you try to update the driver it is asking you to remove or repair.

Try removing the driver from your PC and install the driver once again on your PC and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists download the latest driver 15.2.0.1020 directly from intel website.

Please find the link to download Intel Rapid Technology driver.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Software/Hardware changes - when I first tried to install the driver there was another accompanying update (HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI - SP78590 version 6.3.0.Ap1.0) which was successful.

At the point I remove the driver isn't that going to disable some vital functions which may prevent me from continuing?

HP Recommended

Hi! @Alan29, Thanks for your response and time.

Kudos to you for trying out the steps.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology offers greater levels of performance, responsiveness, and expandability than ever before. Whether you are using one or multiple serial ATA (SATA) or PCIe drives, you can take advantage of enhanced performance and lower power consumption from the latest storage technologies. 

So nothing gets disabled unless you have created a RAID on your PC. You can go ahead and uninstall the driver from device manager and install the latest driver from my previous thread.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm sorry if it appears I need to be spoon-fed on this issue but that reflects my level of expertise. The forum has kindly elevated my rank beyond my actual ability.

The link to the driver eventually leads me to 4 files, 1 is an exe , the others are zip files.

I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit operating system so I know I can ignore the 32 bit version.

I assume I run the exe file (SetupRST.exe [13.01 mb]), but what do I do with the remaining 2 zip files? (f6flpy-x64.zip [0.44 mb] and SetupRST.zip [12.5 mb])? What purpose they serve?

HP Recommended

@Alan29, Thanks for your response and time,

Kudos to you for trying out the steps.

You only have to run the .exe file (Executable file) the zip files may contain the executable file in it or other files required by the .exe file.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.