I have a brand new V242h monitor that I connected to my PC via VGA cable, and to my laptop via HDMI, and was using the monitor's built-in menu to manually switch between the two inputs, when I accidentally selected DVI-D, which I do not have hooked up to the monitor, nor do I own a computer that uses it. Since then, I have been unable to get the monitor to switch back to either the VGA or the HDMI input.
So far, I have tried:
- Powering the monitor off and back on after several seconds.
- Unplugging the monitor and plugging it back in after several seconds.
- Unplugging all cables from the monitor and plugging them back in after several seconds.
- Unplugging the monitor for over 15 minutes and plugging it back in.
- Pressing the monitor's Auto adjustment button.
- Navigating the monitor's menu blindly by memory.
The only thing the monitor will display after any of these attempts is an error message saying "Signal Cable Not Connected!"
How can I switch the monitor from DVI-D back to either VGA or HDMI input without a DVI-D device?
I had this problem on a couple of occasions.
You need to press and hold the "auto" button for 3-5 seconds, and the input selecton will appear. Use the left/right arrow keys to move to the correct input source, and then press the "Enter" button.
I have yet to locate instructions to have it automatically detect the input source (I sometimes use different laptops connected via different cables), and I have to manually switch it.