Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

See entry by me on 4-11-14. Worked !

HP Recommended

Check your settings. When Microsoft updates are completed for some reason they "update" your monitor sleeping status. Someone suggested it was to save electricity for large corporations to tell the monitors to go to sleep. People leave their desks with monitors on all weekend...big energy suck.... I am running VISTA on my older home computer and I have had to adjust the settings after updates 3 times. So far, I have gone 3 months without a monitor sleeping incident. This is a very unproductive feature as I am in the middle of updating a website and to lose information......pretty bad. My Apple friends laugh, but I can buy 4 computers for every one they have....so I will deal with it.

Again, check the settings - something has reset. Make sure you double check the settings after updates as well.  

HP Recommended

how can I usew my computer when monitor goes to sleep. It does not give me a chance to start windows

HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

If your monitor is black when coming out of sleep mode, this is the thread to follow: Monitor black after coming out of sleep mode

Please let me know your results. If the above steps do not work, please provide the following information:

1. The computer's model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: Guide to finding your notebook product number

2. The computer's operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website to determine your Windows operating system.

3. Does this occur on certain programs, or all programs?

4. Have you installed any new software or drivers on this computer, before the issue appeared?

5. What steps have been attempted from my first post on this thread, and what were the results?

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem because my monitor arrived a day before my HP HDMI cable I purchased online got here.  I went to Walmart and pick up an GE HDMI cable that should have work, but I got the same message seached couldn't get a signal and then went to sleep.  I got my HP cable delivered the next day and the second I plugged it in, everything worked without a problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.