Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP w2338h
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP w2338h monitor  seems to always pop up its OSD menu on an inconsistent and yet still annnoying* basis. Even while I* type this it is causing a hassle since its in the middle of the screen. It's been happening for around a month now, and I have lacked bringing this up sooner because I've seen other questions related to mine. However none of them worked and I need some help*.

*A LOT of typos I missed because of the menu 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @MrSoHot,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see from the post that you are having OSD menu on the monitor screen. I'll be really glad to help you with this,

This message occurs when the Menu button on the front panel is pressed for more than 10 seconds. I would suggest you perform a Hard reset on the Monitor by Unplugging the monitor and holding the power button down for 30-60 seconds.

For more details, please go through the support document, using this link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service options.Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying. So you're saying that while the monitor is still unplugged I should hold down the power button? I just want to be clear.

HP Recommended

Hi @MrSoHot,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Yes, Unplug the monitor and then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, this actually helps to do a hard reset on the Monitor.

Please do perform the steps I had suggested as well and get back to me with the results for further assistance.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried it but now it pops the volume menu and seems to automatically press down/volume down button without me touching it. It will keep going even when the volume bar hits zero. When I try it again, the volume is at it's normal limit but instantly goes down to zero. 

HP Recommended

Hi @MrSoHot,

Thanks for the update,

I would suggest this seems to be a hardware issue, I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.