Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

There are several ways that may work but I didn't have the time to try.

1. Download and install a Windows PE system and install the Windows 7 through that system. This essentially is the same as HP Recovery system as it is a PE system that installs the original system the computer ships with.

2. Add XHCI USB drivers to the Windows 7 install image.

These are the two options I encountered and they may or may not work. Pray for miracle.

HP Recommended
I love you bro you just saved me a week of hassle just when i was about to return the HP & build it by myself. Thanks a lot 🙂 i ended up putting xhci drivers in my installation disk. Running smooth now phew Shame on HP though for having very little support for this. Thanks again 🙂
HP Recommended

Great to hear that! Where did you download the driver? Is there a tutorial or something?

HP Recommended
I just googled intel xhci drivers and embedded that into my installation usb drive
HP Recommended

I embedded the driver into boot.wim as well. While the mouse and keyboard worked during installation, they still couldn't be detected after the installation, during initial set-up. So I'm still pretty stuck. Did you have this problem?

HP Recommended

I embedded the drivers using RT7Lite, it put them both in the boot and windows itself. check it out it works pretty nicely.

HP Recommended

YoungSingh could you let me know how you were able to embedded the drivers using RT7Lite in to the boot and windows inself due to I am having the same issue with a HP Envy Desktop, once I try to perform a clean install of windows 7 I get to the Install Windows screen and I need to click Next and I am not able to use the mouse or keyboard but I was able to use the keyboard when I am in the BIOS. The mouse lights up like it is working but it is not showing any movement on the screen. 

HP Recommended

Google Intel XHCI driver for windows 7 and download the driver. In RTLite there is a tab allowing you to add driver into the image. Select all .inf files in the driver package and let it regenerate an install image.

I did try to embedd the driver in a number of ways. I was able to use mouse and keyboard during the install but I couldn't use them after the initial restart (account setup, network settings, etc). Since there is no guarantee USB devices will work smoothly with Windows 7 anyway even if the installation is successful, I give up.

HP Recommended

Wanted to follow up on this thread, I was able to successfully install Win 7 on my HP Envy 750 with skylake.  rt7lite doesn't seem to be available anymore so I used Ntlite, basically the same idea.  I downloaded the ahci drivers from hp's envy 750 support page, and then ran Ntlite and added the drivers to the boot.wim and install.wim files.  I'm not an Ntlite expert and the process was fairly straightforward.  Good luck!

HP Recommended

Need hel pwith this please......I'm using NTLite and I added the USB 3 drivers to the boot.wim and install.wim. Or at least I think I have.  I'm now able to get past the intial Windows instaaltion and it has succesfully installed.  Now I'm stuck on the screen where you create a Windows User name account and computer name.  Mouse and KB are again unresponsive. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.