Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I tried everything listed here and could not get the mouse or keyboard to respond after install. So after three hours of playing with this I booted the machine up with Windows 10 and I updated the BIOS to AO.12 revision A which is only available in Windows 7 operating system from the hp site. HP support.downloads gives you your choice betewen downloading Win 10 BIOS and Win 7 BIOS depending on which OS you select on top. I was sure windows 10 would crash after I did  this but to my delight, on restart it still booted to Win 10 - I sighed with relief. I then put the bios in Legacy mode and  used a USB stick to install Windows 7 but I adjusted the Boot.wim and install.wim files first using the Intel creator install here at this link

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

Your must read the win7-usb3.0-creator-readme-v3 PDF reader file included with the Intel download and follow the instructions listed in the bottom half which is called "DISM Graphical User Interface (GUI) Tool" it is a step by step guild how to modify those two files into your USB windows thumb drive. Ignore the top section of the READ ME called Windows 7 USB3.0 Creator Utility which only works for Windows 8.1 and not for people trying to get rid of Windows 10.

DO not use the Installer Creator app - it will not work. You need the DISM GUI at  https://dismgui.codeplex.com/ and the Intel PDF read file gives you a direct link to it as well. The step by step DISM guide is very well done and easy to use.

You should have no problem modifying the two wim files which are located in the SOURCE folder of the Windows 7 you should have ready to use on your flash drive. You will have to create an empty folder to put them in after when you go to use the interface.

So in order - First Flash your Bios to the mist current WINDOWS 7 BIOS from the HP site while running in Windows 10.

Then create your bootable Thumb drive with windows 7 on it using one of the many free USB utilities on line.

Copy the install. wim and boot. wim from it into a folder on your computer so you can modify them without touching the original files. Then follow the instructions in the Intel PDF to modify and transfer the modfied files back into your flash drive. Then take your thumb drive with windows and your keyboard and plug ONLY into the two USB 3.0 ports on the machine and everything will work before and after the install.

I did this on my HP envoy Desktop Envoy 750- 170SE machine and updating the bios was the key to fixing it so that the mouse and keyboard worked AFTER I did the install. Hope this helps. It took me hours to figure it out.

HP Recommended

I just did a clean install of Windows 7 on a HP Z240 by using a PS2 keyboard.  Heck of a lot easier than trying to fold a driver into an install disk,. Old ways are sometimes best. :generic:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.