Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I took photos of six to seven screenshots.  If you are willing to provide your email address, I will email them to you.

Last night I finally received some useful information.  I finally started to see things appear on the monitor.

I received an error message this morning, to replace the hard drive... it's crashing or going to crash.  Backup my system now.

HP Recommended

@Sbwoo, 

Because this is a peer-peer community forum, everything is posted directly to the forum. Just in case someone has the same or similar issue they can see your information and relate to it.

Here is a link to how you can post images to the forum

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

Random reboots were sporadic.  The majority of time during Internet use.

These screenshots below are from yesterday where the system would reboot and nothing appeared on the monitor until last night after dinner.  I finally received some visible information.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi

My HP XW8600 workstation was working fine until ihave installed HPA8003A HBA to use theActive Storage Xraid as Storage device with 16 1TB Hdd in it.

I have windows 8 Professional 64 bit installed and was working fine until I have inerted the HBA to connect the storage device. I Kep saying out of memory in the boot process and restarting. I have 24 GB ECC Ram installed in the system.

can anyone advice the possible reason for such behaviour by the workstation.

HP Recommended

@ sbwoo,

So sorry for the late reply.

Looking at the pictures you posted the last one mentions an issue with the hard drive. Has that been replaced since we last communicated?

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

Hello @Sweetdream,

You are using a business/commercial computer but you posted on the consumer board. To get more coverage so you can get the proper assistance please post your issue on the this forum. The experts there work specifically with the HP Workstations and will be able to assist you. Also it is possible that you may have to create a new profile prior to posting.

Hopefully everything works out for you.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Yes, sorry for the late reply too.

Yes, the hard drive was replaced approximately 2-3 months ago.  In the past week or so I have been receiving the following error message, "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL."

What a pain this is.

HP Recommended

Hello sbwoo. I understand you are having an issue with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. If you don't know what this is, basically Windows is attempting to utilize memory using IRQL (kernel process), and that error is generating when doing so. This can occur after replacing a hard drive, or any computer hardware for that matter.

Follow these steps if you are able to boot into Windows:

Some basic steps you can attempt, if you haven't already, are updating your Windows 7 service pack (if applicable), and make sure your drivers are up to date. If you are unsure if your drivers are updated, just search in Google the model number of a hardware device and drivers (ex. “insert model number here” drivers), and if you locate updated drivers you do not have, find, download and install them.

If those steps do not assist you, the next possible source of error is a corrupt memory file. To attempt to correct this, go to your Start menu, right click where it says “Computer”, then click on “Properties”. Now you should see a link that says “Advanced” or “Advanced System Settings” to the right; click on it. In that tab, click “settings” underneath the Performance section. In that section, you should see a window named Performance Options. Click on the tab that says “Advanced”. Click on the button that says “Change”, then under “No paging file” click on every OK and all Windows will eventually close. Afterward, restart the computer and see if the error appears.

If it does, follow the above steps to go back to the Performance Options windows, and click on “Advanced”. Click on “change” once again, then click on “System managed size”, and keeping clicking OK until each of those windows close, like before, then restart the computer and try again.

If that does not work, in Start menu, type “CMD” in the search bar. Now, you should see a shortcut for CMD above. Right click on it, and click “run as administrator”. If it asks you for administrative permission, please allow permission.

You should see Command Prompt open. Type in this command and hit Enter afterward: sfc /scannow

SFC stands for System File Checker, and it scans and attempts to restore corrupted Windows Files. Running this might find a corrupted file or service and repair it. After it completes it will basically say either no corrupted files were found, corrupted files were found and repaired, or corrupted files were found but were unable to be repaired. Restart after this completes, and try to perform the task that was giving you issues.

If you cannot boot into Windows, or if the above steps did not resolve the issue, this will likely indicate there is a hardware issue. I'm going to refer you to this document on how to run computer hardware diagnostics, without booting into Windows. It will let you know what is wrong.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443317

Once all the troubleshooting has been attempted, please post your results, with screen shots if possible. I will continue to research the issue for you. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

no it shuts down with no warning and I have to unplug the power from the back of computer and replugg it to restart  an it only stays on for a limited amount of time fron 30 minutes ( 3 hours) sometimes but  it shut it self down a i hav to start this process all over

HP Recommended

no it shuts down with no warning and I have to unplug the power from the back of computer and replugg it to restart  an it only stays on for a limited amount of time fron 30 minutes ( 3 hours) sometimes but  it shut it self down a i hav to start this process all over i am running a HP PAVILLION XE748 windows XP Professional

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.