Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
PC 500-424
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Error Message: No boot disk has been detected or the disk is failed.

Please install an operating system onyour hard disk.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Ga17, welcome to the forum.

It would help if you could give us an idea what was happening to cause you to do the Factory reset.  Without that information, it is difficult to diagnose the problem.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended
The raisin why I was doing a factory reset is my system was infested with a virus call: system healer. I believe I track it while I was download window 10... So I reset 1st time ... The system continue to be slow, I went on to repeat a system reset for second time, while it was 35 ℅ completed , I turn off my power switch by mistake.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Ga17.

I suggest tapping F9 as soon as the computer begins to boot.  This will take you to the Recovery menu.  You can try the options to see if that solves your problem.  If not, here is a guide to help you order the Recovery media from HP.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended
Thank you... I tried all those options with no succes
HP Recommended
Also HP Tech support wants me to pay $50 for recovery disk... I would prefer buy a new desktop if I can't fix it.
HP Recommended

> Error Message: No boot disk has been detected or the disk is failed.

> Also HP Tech support wants me to pay $50 for recovery disk... I would prefer buy a new desktop if I can't fix it. 

Turn the computer off.

Turn the computer on, and look for "press <BLAH> to enter BIOS SETUP".

Press that <BLAH> key.

Look through the menu(s) to see if your disk-drive has been detected as being connected.

If not, then the disk-drive has failed, and needs to be replaced.  Cost: $50 to $100 US, depending on the capacity.

Then, you'll need to purchase a "recovery set" (probably one USB memory-stick) from HP, to use it to install Windows onto the "new" and "empty" disk-drive.

Total cost: $150 -- much less than a new desktop.

Joke: a very-non-geeky-guy had to trade-in his automobile, because the gas-tank was empty.

In the same vein, your computer can be "revived", at a price -- it's not yet time for "end-of-life" recycling of the hardware.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.