Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
h8-1360t
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I was having some problems with my HD (Seagate). Ran Seagate repair but then Windows 10 had problems loading. Windows 10 began "automatic repairs" but then PC shut down. On power up, I get the fans (psu, processor, chassis) and external lights but nothing on the screen, no BIOS, no boot, no beeps. I have tried everything in HP online steps.

FYI - I have unplugged every external device, nothing. I have borrowed and tried a different psu, nothing. I can (and have) pulled all the RAM, nothing - no beeps on startup (which it should at least do).

Motherboard? Just happened to fail when Windows 10 was having a problem starting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@TMKroll67,

Thanks for the response.

I recommend you to get in touch with HP Phone Support for further diagnosis and assistance.

Use the link below to reach Phone support.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

New year wish to your and Happy holidays

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @TMKroll67,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

At the outset, you have done a terrific job on troubleshooting and I am really impressed at your troubleshooting skills and levels of technical expertise. Hats off to you on that score! It is always a genuine pleasure to work with tech-savvy customers like you.

As I understand you are unable to boot upon booting to Windows 10. Don't worry as I have a few other steps to help you with this,

Since you have tried removing all the RAM and it does not beep, this clearly indicates the issue to be a hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 

Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Was able to get it up today by removing CMOS battery, powering on, powering off, replace CMOS battery and power on.

While I had it on, I made a backup of my files and created a recovery drive (USB). After such, I restarted and ran every HP system diagnostic test – particularly on Motherboard and Memory. Passed all, multiple times.

Powered it off. Won’t start again, same as yesterday.

Tried same procedure as before. Didn't help.

It DOES now beep (5 times in cycle) if it is started with RAM pulled.

HP Recommended

Hi@TMKroll67,

Thanks for the response.

I recommend you to get in touch with HP Phone Support for further diagnosis and assistance.

Use the link below to reach Phone support.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

New year wish to your and Happy holidays

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

this is unacceptable. what kind of trick  is this. asking to call the help centre isn't solving my issues, maybe is an option but not a solution

HP Recommended

You really should stop answering these post if all your going to do is have the person send an email to support. We try and fix our devices on our own for a reason, whatever that may be. in the middle of a fix, you reach out for some help and you refer them to support. Not helpful....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.