Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Slimline S5-1224
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I Recently got a Hp Pavillion Slimline Seriers S5-1224.

MotherBoard:              Joshua-H61-uATX

Processor:                    Pentium G648

Memory:                       4GB DDR3 1600

Graphics:                      Intergrated

I Turn it on and no Boot screen. No post of any kind. No Beeps no sounds. all fans run and all lights are on but not SOS type blinks. Ive checked video cables, Internal conecctions. PSU is tested and true. Ive reset the CMOS , replaced bios battery (didnt have one). Not sure what to do. Please anyone have any ideas. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@mctank93, welcome back to the forum.

Since the computer is over 5 years old, it could be failed memory.  You can test it by removing all of the sticks and replacing them one at a time and boot.  Also, I know that you say that the PSU tests good, but I suggest using this guide to troubleshoot it further.  The symptoms that you are experiencing can be a failed PSU.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Brand new ram. swapped for new twice. Ill go ahead and do the PSU test u suggested. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Light on PSU turns on they don't blink , fans spin up. voltage checks out with multi meter. No bad noises coming from PSU. Checks out.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @mctank93.

You should check the capacitors on the motherboard.  They should be slightly concave.  If they are bulging they are bad.  Also, you should check all of the connections to make certain the are tight.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.