Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion dv6-7043cl
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Recently i noticed whenever i restart my PC, There is no BIOS screen, it's completely black, monitor doesn't load anything, it stays black for a long while (i don't know about 2 minutes or so), then the monitor turns on like it's black but lights on or you can visibly see that the monitor is on, after that the WINDOWS loads. So what's the problem here?
This is an HP Pavilion dv6-7043cl entertaintment PC i am talking about, i have no external monitors connected, neither did i ever since i bought this laptop. It is a generic pnp monitor on Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 Here is more information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8 Pro
Video Graphics Intel HD graphics 4000 with up to 1696MB total graphics memory
Hard Drive 1TB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
Display 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366x768)
Version 6.2.9200 Build 9200
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU B4T93UA#ABA
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.23, 12/14/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 52.24
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.2.9200.16442"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.91 GB
Available Physical Memory 0.98 GB
Total Virtual Memory 8.78 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.95 GB
Page File Space 3.88 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

they come up, you just aren't seeing them. hit the bios key once the system is powered on, usually either "del" or "f2". i usually just smash both of them, worst comes to worst you'll get a keyboard error prompt and that will get you into bios anyways.

HP Recommended

Ok so today i tried presing "f2", "f10", "del" key after restarting my computer and all i saw was a black screen and then heard loud beeps whenever i pressed those keys and the bios screen did not show up. What could be the problem? However, if i do not press anything and restart my pc, windows does load, but i cannot access the bios screen O_O

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.