Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY H8-1409
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My computer was not detecting a seconday hard drive so I powered down and tried to switch the sata ports. When i powered back on i was left with a no signal message on my tv (hdmi) aswell as my moniter (displayport-hdmi). I left it on for about 15 minutes and it seemed to fix itself but when i powered back down and back on again, the problem happened again but this time its not fixing itself. The hard drive i tried to fix from the beginning used to work fine untill i installed Ubuntu onto it then removed it to install windows 7. As soon as i got rid of ubuntu, i couldnt find my hard drive in disc management or BIOS.

Thank you everyone in advance if youre able to help!
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
I forgot to mention, when i power my computer on, all lights, fans, disc drives, ext, power up fine. Just get no signal
HP Recommended

Hi Bwhiff94

Since you have no video let's see if we can at least get that running.

Disconnect the PC from AC power. Depress the power button to drain power from the motherboard.

Remove the side panel. Remove the CR2032 battery located directly below the PCIe x16 slot. 

Sit tight for about 15 minutes.

Reinstall the battery.

Connect the monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Boot the PC to see if you can get video.

Grzy

HP Recommended
Thanks! Ill give that a try. I took it to a computer and was told the motherboard is done. Ill see if that works though. At this point i got nothing to lose
HP Recommended
I just tried that and had no luck. I think it may be time for a new computer
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.