Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion f1503

OSD Menu keeps popping up even though I didn't press buttons.  I can press the menu button to make it go away but will pop back up again. Doesn't happen all the time, just randomly.

Need to make it stop!  Quite a hassle while trying to read webpages or watch video when i'm pressing the menu button every 5 seconds to make it go away!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Unplug the monitor and hold the power button down for 30-60 seconds.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

what does that do?

HP Recommended

It does a monitor reset.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Re: hp pavilion f 1703 monitorOSD menu popping up

I have done all the steps listed above to stop this problem.  The OSD menu continues to pop up.

Any further suggestions to reslove this problem?  HELP!

Thanks,

screendame

HP Recommended

screendame,

Try this procedure.

HP Recommended

Woe is me!!!

Since I first posted this problem, back in November, I bought a used monitor to replace the one that has the OSD popup problem.  Would you believe that this monitor has the same problem???? I am just livid.  The old monitor was the Hp1703, this one is an emachines brand.  Is this just a rotten coincidence or is there something going on with my hard drive?

Would greatly appreciate any thoughts or comments.

Thanks much,

screendame

HP Recommended
Wow, same problem on another one. Do you use the buttons a lot? Newer monitors have cheap buttons apparently, which fail easily and generate phantom presses as reported. Try to eliminate your PC as the cause, by disabling the monitor's power saving mode and unplugging the PC video cable, so that the monitor says "no signal". Then see whether you can manually bring the menu up. If so, leave it on for a while and see whether the menu comes up on its own randomly. If so, you've narrowed it down to the monitor itself.
HP Recommended

Hi,  I really, REALLY, appreciate your fast replies to my situation.  As soon as I am able to try your latest suggestions I will get back to you.  Someone suggested I might have a virus that is causing this problem.  Is that possible?

THANKS,

screendame

HP Recommended

Good Day.

Im Having a Problem at my pc always popping up on my screen line in audio un plugged, when i restart my pc it temporarily removed the popping  up line in audio unplugged after an hour it will returned, need of your intellegent advide.thank you so much

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.