Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 34c 34-inch Media Disp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I meet a problem when I try to show 2 inputs on my monitor.

The PBP function does not work as expect. It does seperate the screen into 2 patitions, but the resolution on both side is 21:9, which make the overall resolution is 42:9.

The product introduction shows an image of PBP, which is definitly not 42:9.

Any idea on how to fix it? 

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hey there! @rendx, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you have display quality issues with your monitor.

Please try running My display app to troubleshoot display issues.

Please download HP my display from this link.

Also, please refer this manual for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I do not have a quality issue with the monitor.

I just try to run the PBP feature shown on the product introduction page. It works but not in the right way.

On the introduction page, both inputs take half of the screen, which means the ratio is 21:18. But on my monitor, both inputs keep the raito of 21:9, so there are  huge black-bars on both top & bottom side.

I have installed "my display" but it not even have an option about the PIP or PBP feature.

Thanks for your reply. But you do not solve the  problem.

HP Recommended

@rendx, thanks for the reply.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

Please try the steps recommended below.

1. Connect a secondary input source to the monitor.
2. Press one of the five front bezel buttons to activate the buttons, and then press the Menu button
to open the OSD.
3. In the OSD, select PIP Control > PIP On/Off and then select either Picture-in-Picture or Picture beside-Picture.
4. The monitor will scan the secondary inputs for a valid input and use that input for the PIP/PBP
picture. If you want to change the PIP/PBP input, select PIP Input in the OSD and select the
desired input.
5. If you want to change the size of the PIP, select PIP Size in the OSD then select the desired
size.
6. If you want to adjust the position of the PIP, select PIP Position in the OSD, then select the
desired position.

Also, Please update the graphic driver of your PC if the issue still persists.

I'll watch your reply.
Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I tried all the step you mentioned.

The problem is, I can not change the ratio of the 2nd input in PIP mode, it is always 21:9. Changing the size only scale the it with the fix ratio. 

In PBP mode, the "set size" & "set position" button are disabled.

I did not find any option about changing the input resolution. Did I miss something? Or it is just impossible to make the PBP work as what the introduction page shows?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@rendx, thanks for the quick response.

When using PBP or PIP, you need to select the primary video input and the secondary video input in
the OSD; the audio output to the speakers defaults to the primary video input source. You can switch primary
and secondary video inputs in the OSD by selecting PIP Control > Assign Inputs > Swap Primary / Secondary.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is nothing about the audio. 

What I am talking about is the raito of the input, or the screen size in another word.

This is what shows on the introduction page

hp monitor 1.png

But this is what the monitor actually does:

hp monitor 2.png

Instead of make 2 input fullfill the screen, it keep the raito of both input 21:9, which leave 2 black-bar on top and bottom.

Well, hope it is clear enough this time.

HP Recommended

Hi! @rendx, thanks for the reply.

Please try the following steps to adjust the scale.

1. If the monitor is not already on, press the power button to turn on the monitor.
2. Press one of the three buttons on the right side of the monitor to activate the buttons.
3. To access the OSD menu, press the Menu button on the right side of the monitor.
4. To navigate through the OSD menu, press the + (Plus) button or the – (Minus) button on the right side of
the monitor to scroll up or scroll down.
5. To select PIP Control from the OSD menu, use the + or – buttons to scroll to and highlight your selection,
and then press the Menu button to select that function.
6. Adjust the item using the + or – buttons to adjust the scale.
7. After adjusting the function, select Save and Return, or Cancel if you don’t want to save the setting,
then select Exit from the Main menu.

If the issue still persists try performing a factory reset on the monitor.

If the issue still persists even after the factory reset, Please  try connecting the monitor to a different workstation and check if that works.

Please let me know the outcome! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am sorry but what you answer is DEFINITLY NOT WHAT I AM ASKING.

I am tired of playing these stupid word game with you.

I will conside this as false advertising case. 

HP Recommended

@rendx, thanks for the response.

As you mentioned you are still unable to set the actual aspect ratio on the monitor.

Try checking with display port cable if the issue still persists.

If the issue persists, Please contact HP support for support options.

Hope this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.