Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Scott,
Thank you for your two long answers.
Yes I have the 3 DVD HP for installation ofW7.

I will thus use the DVD W7 PRO 64 pre SP1 to make my installation
and to download on the site of Microsoft SP1.

I read all 53 page of the post of Ken Morley:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/following-a-clean-install-windows-...

That enabled me to understand the problem ofWU and especially of being able
not to make me trapped at the time of myinstallation. Remain that the new policy ofrollup updates of Microsoft is source of pollution, and goes against a clean system

Did you assemble your SSD PCIe2 Kingston?

Thank you, Christophe

HP Recommended

That is good news that you have the HP installer disc set.  You may be able to do the full install without using the third disc.  You might be lucky and even have an installer disc set that includes Service Pack 1 built in.  Make sure you have BIOS SATA Emulation set to RAID + AHCI (some HP workstations have that same install setting stated in the options as "RAID", but that will also get you what MS and Intel recommend.... both the RAID and the AHCI drivers installed even if you'll never use RAID.

I believe there is some way to tell if your HP System installer disc has SP1 on it, but can't remember the details.

Yes on the HyperX Predator M.2 SSD via PCIe adapter, which I'll do a post on soon.  Both in the xw6400 and the Z600.  I had to do a full clean install in both cases, rather than a clone of an already installed W7Pro64.  Got blue screen failure otherwise.... did not change my BIOS settings, but blue screened with the clone whereas it worked well with a clean install.  That is a small price to pay for the speed, but still a pain.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.