Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip!  Updating the bios took care of the dim screen after waking from sleep. The system still won't go to sleep on its own or go to screensaver at all, but one small win is better than nothing. 

Hey HP, I gave this computer to the kids and got myself a Mac. That's how much this annoys me.  

HP Recommended

I have the same experience.   While updating the BIOS seemed to resolve the dim screen and seemed to make my screensaver work, the celebration was short lived.   Within a day or two the screensaver (photo display) stopped working and the computer doesn't go into sleep mode by itself.

I like the idea of a Mac.  Might spend my Christmas holidays with a OS cleans and install from the ISO if anyone thinks this will make a difference.   It almost seems that there could be a virus embedded in something that likes things the way it is and manages to go back to a restore point that had the virus in it once the virus protection software cleans it out.

Curious what Virus Protection everyone is runnning?

HP Recommended

Its not a virus. The Touchsmart 23's were preinstalled and tested on Windows 8 and not on Windows 10. It's a combo of HP and Microsoft having to come together and correct this issue. Intel might have to jump in as well. I have not herard from HP (Hello HP!!! Talking to you!!!) and I guess I shouldn't expect to. I actually don't own one of these I am a computer tech of 21 years. The sad thing is I just bought a HP 15T laptop for christmas and I'm having issues with it right off the bat. I've always liked HP but I don't know how long I can tolerate this. I've had my fingers in alot of computers but HP, you are starting to piss me off.

HP Recommended

Same problem Hp All in One 20-b313w.  I downloaded bios update

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2AFC 2AFD)

80.08 Rev.A

from http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-20-b300-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/539...

and no fix, by channce is bios update 80.11 that is for the 23 inch discussed above compatible to this machine.  

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-touchsmart-23-f300-all-in-one-desktop-pc...  

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2AF8)

80.11 Rev.A

I have also disabled addaptive display brightness in services,  updated video card drivers and even changed dim settings in power setting on all power options to dim screen at 100% instead of 30%.  Still get dim display after sleep mode  😞 only fix is restart.  I also tried uninstalling display(monitor) with no improvement.

Help please, and thank you.

HP Recommended

I'm not sure. It looks like you have the 20" model correct? I would imagine that they are different. Try opening a ticket with HP and see what they have to say.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with the dimming after my computer goes to sleep. I tried to load the BIO5 update but I keep getting an error "flash.bat" and then it quits. What should I do? So frustrated by this!

HP Recommended

This worked for me all you have to do is update the bios. Updating the drivers does not work at all. If you are using windows 10 when looking for the latest bios update for your touchscreen 23 go to HP website and when it sees that you have a windows 10 machince change it over to windows 8.1 or windows 8.0 and update the Bios this will solve your problem with it waking up to a dark screen from sleep mode..Good Luck..

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for the recommendation to download BIOS for 8.1 (on my f339 computer).  Since updating it to Windows 10, I couldn't put my computer to sleep without getting a dark screen upon awakening. Now it behaves normally. As to the auto sleep or whatever, it doesn't bother me. I just put the computer to sleep manually, and I'm really happy with that, now that the screen comes back bright. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your solution! 

HP Recommended

Since Window 10 automatically updated, after going to sleep, the screen on my desktop  is dark.  It is necssary for me to reboot or shut computer down after use and restart in order to have a bright screen.  I have lived with this for sometime and now it is an issue because not receiving updates.

please help or must I spend money to have repairs done.

Thank you so much.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.