Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion HPE desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am trying to figure out how to remove the startup blue "Enter Power-On Password" from popping up each time i reset the computer, i know the password i just want to stop it from prompting and i would prefer to open the computer per the recommendation of most posts  thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

There should be under the motherboard specifications page on your specific model HPE's support page, a jumper setting section.

Under the jumper settings section, there should be a 'Clearing the BIOS Password' section.

HP Recommended

Thank you where i can i find such support page?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post the product number of your PC.

The product number can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.

HP Recommended

H2L72AA#ABA

HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the page to clear the BIOS Password...all the way at the bottom.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-hpe-h8-1200-desktop-pc-series/5187019/model/5231572...

I took a quick look at the instructions, and they are not correct as written.

So, I have re-written them so that the BIOS password will be cleared.

To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:

1. Turn OFF and unplug the the computer.
  2. Remove the jumper from pins 1-2 (default).
  3. Plug in and turn ON the computer.   The BIOS password should now be cleared.
  4. Shut down, and unplug the computer.
  5. Replace the jumper to its default position (pins 1-2).
  6. Plug in and turn ON the computer.
HP Recommended

Thamk you sorry for all of the questions, how do i find the jumper pins do i need to open the computer?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you do.

I'm looking at the motherboard illustration on the link I posted, and I do not clearly see where the jumpers are located, so you are going to have to look at the white lettering on the motherboard where you see any jumpers to find out what the jumpers are for.

Normally the Clear CMOS and Clear Password jumpers will be located together and the lettering on the motherboard will probably be abbreviated to :  CLR CMOS and CLR PSWD

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.