Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-07-2017 06:48 AM
I am trying to figure out how to remove the startup blue "Enter Power-On Password" from popping up each time i reset the computer, i know the password i just want to stop it from prompting and i would prefer to open the computer per the recommendation of most posts thanks!
06-07-2017 07:08 AM
Here is the page to clear the BIOS Password...all the way at the bottom.
I took a quick look at the instructions, and they are not correct as written.
So, I have re-written them so that the BIOS password will be cleared.
- Turn OFF and unplug the the computer.
- Remove the jumper from pins 1-2 (default).
- Plug in and turn ON the computer. The BIOS password should now be cleared.
- Shut down, and unplug the computer.
- Replace the jumper to its default position (pins 1-2).
- Plug in and turn ON the computer.
06-07-2017 07:22 AM
Yes, you do.
I'm looking at the motherboard illustration on the link I posted, and I do not clearly see where the jumpers are located, so you are going to have to look at the white lettering on the motherboard where you see any jumpers to find out what the jumpers are for.
Normally the Clear CMOS and Clear Password jumpers will be located together and the lettering on the motherboard will probably be abbreviated to : CLR CMOS and CLR PSWD