Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
It's kind of hard to explain but here goes.

I tried to add new ram to have a total of 6 from an old desktop we had. I turned off the computer and unplugged it. I forgot to hold the power button to get rid of the remaining power but I don't think that was important for putting in ram

When I turned everything back on the power button was blue and awake but the monitors were still asleep. Nothing I did would wake them up. I looked and the hdd indicator wasn't flickering but that shouldn't matter for the screen to turn on.

I've unplugged my graphics card and tried with the on board graphics to see if the card was the problem and it's not

I've taken out and switched around the ram in every possible combination

I've reset the cmos jumper and pulled out the battery also setting the jumper back to default

One thing I read was someone had the problem and they plugged in the fan and it worked. I didn't see how this would fix it but I tried anyway and no luck.

All the fans seem to be spinning normally and it sounds normal. I've tried different cables and different monitors and nothing.

My friend said I might have messed t up with the electricity in my hand and I know I didn't touch any metal components. I was careful to avoid them. When I put the ram in I only touched the edge where there were none and I didn't touch any on anything else.

I don't know my processor and I can't turn on my computer to find out but here is what I know

The motherboard model is AAHD2-HY
The processor is an amd-36 something I forgot
4gb of hyper x ram (that's what's in it now not the old one I put in)
Graphics is a GTX 750ti

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, @Svndwich – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! I’d like to be of your assistance!

Going through your post, I understand that you updated the RAM on your Desktop and since then unable to get the display working. To isolate the issue further, check and let me know the following:

1. Remove the new RAM and use the old RAM you had in the PC and check if that works.
  2. It could be an issue with the display, hence try connecting an alternate monitor to your desktop and see if that display works.

Also, this issue might be caused because you tried using an unsupported RAM. Check “Memory upgrade information” here: http://hp.care/2oHvtbc

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.