Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have powerdvd11 and within the last 2 weeks it does not play blu ray discs anymore.

It says"not able to play the protected content on your digital output device. Enrure your display device supports HDCP (code = 0110).

My graphics drivers are all up to date and so is the software. Cyberlink support seems to be clueless on how to fix this issue.

Windows 7

Cosre i7

Graphics:AMD Radeon HD 7770

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just did the latest windows update (the usual random registry updates) and it is playing Blu rays again.

Thanks for the help everyone. I guess it was just a windows issue.

Regards,

Metallimeister

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello,

What is your computer model and the monitor where you are trying to watch the blu ray movies?

What are the DVD titles you are trying to play?

Please check also this document and update me on the questions and do see if this document helps as well to resolve the issue.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01530801

Thanks,

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

HPE Pheonix - pavillion 

and the monitor is HP22207h

I am trying to play all my regular Blu rays that were playing fine until maybe a month or 2 ago.

Pirates of the carrobean

GRIMM season 1

Tori Amos live at montreux

DVD's play normally, It's Blu Rays that have stopped working.

I installed HP my display and disabled auto pivot. That did not fix the issue. I am connected with HDMI as I have always been.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Run the Cyberlink 3D and BD Advisor.  Make sure that everything passes the test.

If the AMD video driver was recently updated then going back to the previous version may solve the issue.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

The BD advisor points that the connection is not compliant.... Which does not make any sense because it is an HDMI and it was working fine forever.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Be sure that your are not using any cable adapters and try a known good HDMI HDCP compliant cable.

Try a monitor reset. Unplug the monitor’s power cord and hold down the monitor’s power button for 30-60 seconds. Plug the monitor back in and power it up.  Be sure that the monitor only has only active video connection.

What has changed with your system since the Blu-Ray DVDs stopped working?

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I'm using the same HDMI cable that I've always used. I never had problems.

Nothing changed. I think it's a fault with either Cyberlink or HP or both. None of the companies want to admit that their products are faulty.

The monitor reset did not fix the problem.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you please provide to me the exact model number of your HP PC?

Please check what is your optical drive, see how it is detected and it's firmware revision.

Also, note down the exact drivers version of your video card, maybe we need to update something on your system, either video card, FW revision of the ODD, or even from the software itself.

THanks,
Regards

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

H9-1183 Phoenix

Device manager says that the graphics drivers are up to date. I also updated Power DVD 11 after the problem started, but that did not fix it.

The Blu ray drive is a hp BDDVDRW CH28N

AMD radeon HD 7770 driver version is 8.932.5.5000

What is an ODD?

HP Recommended

What version of Cyberlink Power DVD 11 did you install?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.