Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Desktop came with pre-installed mouse/keyboard.  Been working fine for several years.  Yesterday the mouse began turning itself off.  Completed all troubleshooting recommendations - no joy.  Cannot find where the dongle is so I can replace the mouse/keyboard set.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It would have helped if you had specified which exact model you have.  If it is an All-in-One model, the dongle is in the back.  

Replace the mouse batteries and then pair the mouse to the wifi dongle by pressing the button on the bottom.

You can remove it and reseat it. Sometimes that does work. If no joy, you can replace the wireless keyboard\mouse

with a new one and put the new set wifi dongle there.

HP Envy 23-1000 AIO desktop PC Tour-Inner and outer.

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=5258539&MEID=5548CD55-91C8-44C3-8453-2C274F83045A

See the image below.  🙂

wifi dongle.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Sorry, yes it is an all in one nothing external resembling a USB dongle; just open ports (USB 2 on the monitor 2 on the stand).  Batteries changed and both keyboard/mouse re-paired.  Keyboard works all the time.  Mouse turns on works for about 5 minutes then shuts down.  Have to turn off then on again and the same pattern over and over.  Mouse is HP with on/off switch and blue connect button.

HP Recommended

"Keyboard works all the time.  Mouse turns on works for about 5 minutes then shuts down."

That is a description of a mouse with an issue. It is failing.

I suggest one of two options: replacing the mouse and keyboard with a wifi mose\keyboard set or using a wired mouse. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.