Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@OllieDK & @codeblue001

Thank you for responding,

Your concern has been escalated to the R&D team

I'm awaiting their response as the solution needs to be validated by them before I could have it sent out,

To ensure I'm providing a complete fix, I may have to request you to wait for a TAT of 72hrs while I reach out to them.

And I shall keep you updated about the same.

In the meantime, please be patient as patience is a virtue 😉

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you,  

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I too have this issue, definitley looks like a design flaw as the manual says Sniper button and Back button causes the lights to flash. For some reason, it is actually wired to mouse button 1 and 2.

Ths means anyones who plays FPS games will need to find a new mouse as there is no way to disable this function. 

10/10 would not reccomend. 

HP Recommended

Just seen that someone else has commented on this thread about having the same issue.

Did you get a response from R&D at all?

Would be interested to know where the problem lies.

HP Recommended

All these comments about this mouse, and i just bought it and quickly searched it up, becuase it literally stops my character every 5 secs when i run on WoW, if u hold down left and right click it bugs up, ive tried with different mouses too and never had that problem. obviously the HP guy doesnt even respond anymore, kind of annoying after wasting a considerable amount of money on it.

so any help? or you still hiding mister HP assistant? ill go to get my money back asap tbh. worthless HP mouse no doubt.

im actually mad.

HP Recommended

Its not a malfunction. Who ever designed the 600 for HP obviously wasn't a gamer.

Holding the right and left mouse buttons for 3 seconds resets the mouse back to default settings for both DPI and LOD.

No, there is no way to change that. Its physically designed this way and whoever typed up the manual neglected to mention this in the instructions. That is most likely why anyone with the HP tags cant explain this as there is nothing written about it.

Also - the SteelSeries and the 600 are completely different models, so downloading the Steel software is not a fix... hint hint.

HP has since discontinued that model. I'm hoping the new Omen Reactor Mouse will overcome this (and have a better manual).

HP Recommended

HP Omen 400,

Yeah, just press both mouse buttons and hold them. The flashing starts and it resets the DPI to Red mode, default. This is just unbelievable as you play a game and suddenly the fire button doesn't work for 3 seconds. Then when you look down at your mouse it's gone back to Red whereas I have it set on Orange-Yellow or whatever.

So here we are on the support forum and it's a design fault or an undocumented feature that is truly the stupidest thing I've seen in a "gaming" mouse. Did anyone actually test the mouse in ANY GAME EVER!!!

So it's going back to OfficeWorks I think as it's virtually unuseable. The same thing happens over and over and over and over....

Such a pain in the backside as it's a really nice comfortable mouse with nice buttons and a nice scroll wheel and scroll button feel.

I love that the colors change with the DPI, and I like that there's no software which is usually just bloated nonsense that you'll never use anyway.

So if you're reading this thread sometime know that it's just how the mouse is. You really can't play an FPS game with this one.

HP Recommended

Been a while since I've checked in on this post...

How's that response from R&D coming along @Riddle_Decipher? :indifferent:

HP Recommended

Yup I had the same problem when playing Human fall flat (lol) but it looks like HP have fixed this problem with an Update for the mouse here is the link https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-mouse/16172072/model/16172073 so now we can hold both mouse buttons for as long as we like. Good update and I'm thankful HP listened to us and fixed it. so ya just download the update and run it and follow it, you will be back to playing overwatch in no time.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.