cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JimInPA
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

RAID 1 (mirror) on a EliteDesk 800 GI TWR ( C8N27AV ) ?

HP Recommended

Does this MB support hardware raid 1 or do I need to use software raid?  I have looked it the setup however the only thing I can find is RAID support under SATA Emulation.  And that does not seem to be what I want.  I don't see anything else.  Do I need a HP config disk? 

I will be installing Debian 7.2 (linux)

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
robinraju
Level 3
42 42 2 3
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

This unit does support RAID 1 (mirror). By default the unit is set to RAID 1. So all you need to do is to enable RAID in SATA emulation mode and re install the OS.

Regards,
RobY

I am an HP employee... I don't speak for HP.
0 Kudos
Seeker1530
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sir,

Which  Raid controller is there in Elite 800 and where can i find raid controller drivers and can i use RAID1 with Win7/8/10 OS?

Thanks

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Which  Raid controller is there in Elite 800 and where can i find raid controller drivers and can i use RAID1 with Win7/8/10 OS?

See: http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2013/HPDiscover2013/HPEliteDesk800_datasheet.pdf

for the Intel chipset on the motherboard.  Then, see www.intel.com for details about that chipset.

Yes, right now, RAID 1 is working on my Windows 7 Professional desktop computer.

I see no reason why RAID 1 will not work, if/when I upgrade to Windows 10.

> Drivers?

See:   http://www.bing.com/search?q=EliteDesk+800+GI+drivers

for either SFF or desktop.

0 Kudos
harbor11
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

I can't configure raid. In bios I change ACHI to RAID
but there is no prompt to press Ctrl+I after restart

help pls

oh, it is ok, I can.   

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

JimInPA   -- do you still need help?

If not, please click the purple/white "thumbs-up" for each post that helped you.

Also, click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation