Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 309a Photosmart Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a C309a printer (USB) which was working fine on my Sony Laptop with Windows 7. After upgrading to Windows 10 and downloading a w10 Ddriver from Windows Update, I clicked on Solution Center desktop icon to check printer ink, got a blank white box. Ithen went to your site and downloaded complete C309a software and attempted to reinstall several times unsuccessfully. At one point got a message that printer appeared to be functional so I  successfully printed and scanned a document. However have no solution center anymore. How do I get it back and reinstall entire HP 309a succesfully?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@RLP9302

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Help, Instructions, Examples:

Install Full Feature Software - Printer

Section(s)

• Section titled The Windows 10 Printer Frenzy

If your printer is no longer supported, try the Driver (software download) in:

• Section titled: Bits and Drivers

=================================================================

• You can contact HP and ask about your printer situation -- see what you need / should do for your individual situation if it differs from the norm.

Contact HP Support – Web Assistance Portal

If you are in the USA / Canada, fill in the Web form and leave contact information:

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Tech support/ Customer Service – Some English Speaking Countries

Including UK and Europe

=================================================================

HPSA version 8.x  - non-HP platform

This is a new version of HPSA that does reportedly work on non-HP platforms; the program may run on your Sony computer.  I cannot verify;  I have HP systems in my home office.

• You might install HPSA (HP Support Assistant)  the latest version (8.0.26.x), add your printer device to HPSA, and then let this new version of the program guide you to install any new updates for your printer.

Support Home

Click the "Identify Now" button on the right side of the screen >

Accept the offer to download and install the latest HP Framework (HPSA) program onto your system.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you ever get this resolved? I also have a HP C309a.

thanks,

Rob

HP Recommended

I have the same issue and I tried accessing your link but it says it no longer exists.  Is there a way to fix the driver issue with the HP Photosmart C309a printer with Windows 10?  If so, can you please tell me how to fix it?  Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Yellowrose904

Dragon Document Link fixed...

Printer Driver Page provides the software for the printer:

HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer - C309a

Click the "Product Homepage" link to access your printer's How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, and more.

Full Feature Software

File name:

PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe

(212.3 MB)

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I am currently running Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 and this driver no longer works for my printer.  It will install and when I restart my computer all is good.  Then when I shut my computer down and restart it the next time, I am back with a driver error again.  It seems that HP with a 2 year old driver is not keeping up with a Microsoft 10 that is ever changing.  Has there been any new drivers or patches since this 2015 driver or is HP not supporting it any longer?  My printer works great when it works and I really didn't want to go to a new printer.

HP Recommended

@Yellowrose904

I cannot comment; I am not yet running 1703 - there are certainly driver challenges associated with the latest update.

If you are re-installing the printer software, do be sure you first uninstall the existing printer programs from Programs and Features > reboot the computer > download and install the driver > reboot.

You can try using "Add a Printer" -- assuming the procedure adds the printer, Windows drivers only provide the basic functionality -- not so great if you are used to using the nicer features of the Full Feature Software.

Another expert might be able to comment / assist.

I recommend that you start your own new Thread on your question -- these older "abandoned" threads do not garner the same level of attention by our Expert group.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks Dragon fur.  I will try a new post.  I have already completely uninstalled everything and restarted and reinstalled everything and it doesn't work.  There is only one driver to install and no plain jane version any more that works with 10 to download.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.