Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Model # KU-1228 keyboard
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have this HP keyboard with my pc. Unfortanetly, a program i am running requires i need a scroll lock key, and there is none that i can find on the pc. Can you tell me where it is located on the keyboard for my desktop pc? Thanks in advanced!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Some smaller pc keyboards DO NOT HAVE A Scroll lock key. In the end, i ended up purchasing a new keyboard that was not the HP brand one i had above... to solve this issue. Im suprised you guys don't know about the smaller keyboards that you make yourself not having a scroll lock key on them.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

At the top row, there are 3 keys on the right, I think the middle key is the scroll lock key.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The three keys on the right have speakers on them. The left one has a speaker with a crossed out sign, the middle one shows a speaker with the - next to it, the right one shows a speaker with a + next to it. So is the the speaker with the minus sign on the scroll lock key?

Actually there are 4 keys on the right..three with speakers and the sleep button (it shows a moon underlined). I think the moon underlined key is for sleep mode on the pc.

Here is the layout of the right of my pc's keyboard, from the left key above the home key:

{INSERT} {PAUSE/BREAK} {SPEAKER CROSSED OUT} {SPEAKER WITH MINUS SIGN} {SPEAKER WITH PLUS SIGN} {MOON UNDERLINED}

HP Recommended

Some smaller pc keyboards DO NOT HAVE A Scroll lock key. In the end, i ended up purchasing a new keyboard that was not the HP brand one i had above... to solve this issue. Im suprised you guys don't know about the smaller keyboards that you make yourself not having a scroll lock key on them.

HP Recommended

It's useless...  these keyboards simply don't have the Scroll Lock function on them. 

Bring up the Windows On- Screen keyboard by typing:  %windir%\system32\osk.exe  on the comand prompt. 

There you will be able to toggle the Scroll Lock on or off. 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  I have no idea how I got my scroll lock on, but %windir%\system32\osk.exe let me click it off.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.