Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
johndbctx Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solving the five long beep problem while booting up HP Compaq Pro 6000 series

HP Compaq Pro 6000 series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have brought a desktop that has no memory installed.

I have checked the manuals for five-beep pre-post error lookup.

Here's what I've done so far.

I have replaced the CMOS battery with a fresh new one prior to resetting the BIOS.

I am awaiting an online order via delivery with HP brand memory modules DDR3 pc3-8500 after a third party - kingston - brand failed to operate.  If nothing else works, then the system board would need to be replaced.

In addition, I have already ordered a video graphics card, but I am not sure that it would solve the five-beep problem.

Any questions or comments?

Regards,

JohnDBCTX

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
104134 94686 14573 22395
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solving the five long beep problem while booting up HP Compaq Pro 6000 series

Hi:

A very hard PC to install memory in.  You must get low density memory.

If the correct memory fails to remedy the problem, the motherboard would have to be replaced.

Adding a video card will not get rid of the error, but after you get the memory to work, you will have better graphics afterward.

I used this memory on my HP 8000 Elite CMT, which is the upscale model of the 6000 Pro.  Just has a slightly different Intel series 4 chipset, but uses the same memory.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220480

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation