Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
750-114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upon startup, the only icons I see are "ease of access," "wifi," and "power."  I have to "restart" from the power button to get to the desktop.  How can I get directly to the desktop upon boot up.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello

I would request you to click a pic and post it, this will help in understanding which mode you are in.

**Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

**Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

**Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

IMG_1482small.jpg

Here you go.  See the three small icons in the lower right-hand corner?  If I click on the power button, I can "restart."  The computer restarts and brings up the desktop.  But, if I shut down, then reboot, this is the screen I get.

HP Recommended

Hello

Seems the pic did not get uploaded properly.. can u upload it again..

**Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

**Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

IMG_1482small.jpg

HP Recommended

Of course, if I do a screen capture, it is no longer in memory because I have to restart to get to this forum.  I did post a phone picture of the screen but that's the best I can do.  I do not see a solution to this problem other than reloading Windows 10.  I have all updates loaded.  I do not have the problem on my laptop.  But, it is not an HP either.

HP Recommended

Seems like it was the printer.  I have an older HP Envy 4500 which I understand is no longer supported by HP.  But mine works great, so I will continue to use it.  I removed all the software, removed it from the printer/device list in Windows 10, reinstalled most recent software and drivers that I could find, and have not had the problem on start up.  I healed it myself.  That makes me an expert.

HP Recommended

Great,

You're indeed an expert !!!

Just wanted to check if updating the software and drivers of the printer you had, resolved the issue. Correct ?

Thanks.

I am an HP employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.