Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion p7-1414
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PC  was working OK. Left for awhile . Returned to fine black screen except for the startup password login box. I have forgotten password. Is there a way to got around this problem to enter new password?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Larry19441

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

I understand you left the computer idle for a while and now it's locked,

While the password has been pushed far into your inaccessible memory cells, no worries, there are a few steps available to help you out:

Before we begin we need the answer to the question: Which type of account did you create?

Try this first: Use the HP Guided Solution:

Let us guide you through the solution

Microsoft account

Reset your Microsoft account password online. You can reset your password on any device connected to the Internet.

See the Microsoft password reset page (in English) to reset your password.

Local account

Use one of the following options to reset the password for your local account.

For more details: Click here

Let me know how that pans out,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,​​​​​​​

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.