Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-530na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer randomly restarted when I was on it and now it will not boot. Every time I try to turn it on it gets stuck at the message executing post delay. I've tried to access the bios but I press the button and nothing happens. Thank you for support.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there!

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that you are having trouble booting your PC.

Try the steps:

Power on the PC.

Hit Esc key during startup. Then press 10 key.

You should go into the UEFI/BIOS. Go to power options and select POST Delay.

Change Post Delay setting and set it to 0 (zero).  This should help solve your problem.

Let me know if this helps

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've managed to work out my problem myself and have resolved it. Thank you for all support 

-James

HP Recommended

I have the exactly same problem and would very much like to know the answer.

The screen tells me to press Esc but nothing happens.

So far I've tried changing the bios battery, three keyboards, another ram slot, another ram,  motherboard bios reset jumpers, shortcutting the battery slot...

Pavilion p6-2040sc desktop.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.