Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Product Name: HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One

Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit

After installing an upgrade to the HP Update,  HP Solution Center produced the following message: "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete. Please plug in the USB cable or re-run the setup program from the installation CD for a network installation. If this does not complete the installation, or if you do not have the CD, access the HP help files by clicking the Start menu."

I downloaded the latest driver software (OJProL7X00_Full_14.exe) and attempted to install it. 

The installation software gave me the following message:-

"HP OFFICEJET PRO ALL-IN-0NE SERIES

"System Requirements Results. This computer has been checked for the requirements needed to install this product. The installation cannot continue.
"Requirement: Run as...
"Details and Guidance:

"This software cannot be installed using the 'Run as...' command. The installation cannot continue untill this is resolved.
"Required Action: Cancel to exit this software installation. Log off and then log on as a user with administrator privileges. (Contact your system administrator for more information.) If there is no system administrator, have the primary user of this computer install the software. Restart the installation by removing and re-inserting this installation CD."

Since I am the Administartor and sole user of this computer and have Administrator privileges, I cannot understand why I am getting this message.

This is the latest in a a long string of problems I have had with HP software and in my opinion it is high time HP produced stable user-friendly software. I have no argument with the L7780 itself - as long as the software allows me to use it. On one occasion the software would not install because it said that the computer was running Windows 2000 - an OS I have NEVER used!!

If anyone else has had this problem or if HP is monitoring this forum, I should be very grateful for information allowing me to install the drivers for this printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

When downloading the file are you selecting save or run? The HP Web site recommends selecting run. The file is quite large 385 Meg. Do you have the room on your hard drive? HP also recommends you have the printer disconnected from the computer during installation. Do you have the printer connected or disconnected when attempting to install the software?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@freded wrote:

Since I am the Administartor and sole user of this computer and have Administrator privileges, I cannot understand why I am getting this message.

Hi,

Well, this is a bit overkilled actually. Please try again:

• Right click the downloaded file.
  • Run as administrator.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion Professor Banhien.

But I had already tried that!

I had right-clicked OJProL7X00_Full_14.exe, selected 'Compatibility' -> 'Privilege Level' and then selected 'Run this program as an administrator', because I have had this problem before and not only with HP software...

It still doesn't work.

Regards,

Mark

HP Recommended

When downloading the file are you selecting save or run? The HP Web site recommends selecting run. The file is quite large 385 Meg. Do you have the room on your hard drive? HP also recommends you have the printer disconnected from the computer during installation. Do you have the printer connected or disconnected when attempting to install the software?

HP Recommended

I have been saving the file to my HDD and this has previously worked well. Yes, I have plenty of room on my hard drive.

The printer is on a wirelss connection to my computer and it would seem to me that the printer has to be 'connected' for the software to find it...

So I am now trying to download the driver file via Internet Explorer -as 'Run', since Firefox does not seem to give me the option of running it as opposed to saving it.

I have read the "Directions for Download" on HP's site and followed them.

HP Recommended

Try turning off User Account Control in Control Panel under User Accounts.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thanks, CherylG.

But I always run with User Account Control turned off!

HP Recommended

Yesterday I was at last able to reinstall the HP software for my L7780 printer.

I found that by downloading OJProL7X00_Full_14.exe via Internet Exporer, rather than Firefox, I was able to choose 'Run' instaead of 'Save' and this - for some inexplicable reason - allowed the software to install itself instead of telling me I had to be the administrator (which I am anyway!!).

So now I am able to use the HP Digital Imaging Monitor to send instructions to the printer (which was in any case accessible from the computer for simple printing).

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

HP Recommended

Ahhh ,no one thought to ask if you were using IE or another browser. Have seen other reports of problems when downloading drivers/software using FF.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Right click on the "setup" file, and click Troubleshoot Compatibility. Then click on Try recommended settings. In the next window, you will see the operating system that the software is most compatible with, and a button that says Start the program. Click that button, and then continue with the installation as normal.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.