Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion mini 300-220
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently updated the bios of my 300-220, but my system became slow booter.

Here is the story.

1) I had used the A0.08 rev.A.(sp73976.exe) Then my system became to require very long time to boot.

(about 3~5 minutes to get a bios screen after pushing the power button)

2) After a few trials of 1), I had tried the A0.10 rev.A.(sp76701.exe) to resolve this problem, but there was no difference.

And between several trials of 1) and 2), the leds of power button started not working.

3) I also had tried "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI" tool, but there was no difference.

( Yes, I also had tried to update the bios again with UEFI tool.  )

Currently, My system has the BIOS version of A0.10 rev.A. (I confirmed that in the bios screen)

And the windows version is up to date (windows 10 anniversary update).

It is fortunate that it works perfectly as usual, after very long boot time (about 5 minutes).

How can I fix this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there @Junghoon,

May the Forums be with you!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I understand that you are experiencing a very slow start up on your computer.  I am happy to help with this.

I would recommend that you go through the following two documents as both can help with this issue. HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)  HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎  It is likely that it is more to do with applications or other background processes being loaded on start up, but all of the steps in those documents will help with performance.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for answering.

But my problem is not in windows 10. 🙂

I know because i had tried windows 8 which is factory default as well as windows 10 more than 2 times for each.

Let me describe the problem more.

1) Press power button

: 3-5 minutes -> the PROBLEM

2) Bios screen (i made it show for 5 seconds)

: 5 seconds

3) hp blue logo with circling dots

: 20-30 seconds

4) Windows 10 login screen

FYI, even i disabled the step 2), there are still same wait to see the hp logo.

And windows 10 is fast enough.

HP Recommended

When you performed the UEFI Hardware Diagnostics, did you do all of them? If so were there any errors of any kind during the testing?

Also as an FYI, according to the notes for the two BIOS versions you were installing "Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous versions cannot be reinstalled". Your system should have let you go back to A0.08 Rev.A after A0.10 Rev.A was installed.

You may want to try contacting phone support, in which case use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp, fill out the form, create a case for your issue and then use the provided information to contact HP. 

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for considering my problem. 🙂

When I did UEFI hardware diagonostics, there was no error.

(I did 2 times of the most deep version of system test. It had taken more than 5 hours.)

I found that, while updating the bios, the procedure was stalled at the second line of following script.

(it is from the A0.10 revA bios update "flash.bat" file.)

FWUpdLcl.exe -F ME101006.bin -ALLOWSV
ecfw_v18.exe -o -nr COLD0400.EC
COL_A010.exe

the first line works always.

But the second line makes the cmd windows black with blinking cursor without any more progress.

I will try the A0.08 rev A again.

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.